12th January is known as National Youth Day. Thanks to Social media, since morning you must have easily come across at least one Happy National youth day post, but do you know why we celebrate it?
National Youth Day is celebrated as it is the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. An Icon that lived for only 39 years, but created history and left behind a legacy that will remain with us forever. Swami Vivekananda was a Hindu Monk and a Spiritual leader who introduced Indian philosophies like Vedanta and yoga to the west. He is famous for his speech “Brothers and Sisters of America” at the Parliament of World’s Religions in Chicago in 1893. He has been an inspiration for the youth and therefore his birthday is declared as National Youth Day.
Here are 10 inspiring quotes that will show you why he is an inspiration for the youth :-
- When he inspired us to give our dreams a shot
- When he redefined Confidence
- When he simplified the battle between the brain and the heart
- When he decoded the secret of success
- When he taught us how to deal with failure
- When he spoke about Women empowerment
- When he taught us about self worth
- When a little hope is all you need
- Why laziness is your worst enemy
- Try and Try until you succeed
Humble tributes to #SwamiVivekananda on his birth anniversary. His life & message, rooted in India’s glorious spiritual heritage & universality, continue to remain a powerful inspiration for our youth.
— Manohar Parrikar (@manoharparrikar) January 12, 2018
Salutations and Pranaam to #SwamiVivekananda ji, the real youth icon who has been inspiring millions like us!
My dear young friends, on this #NationalYouthDay let us pledge for more constructive contribution in Nation Building, to make the dream of #NewIndia , a reality ! pic.twitter.com/NjEFkRyzwD
— Devendra Fadnavis (@Dev_Fadnavis) January 12, 2018
— Sudarsan Pattnaik (@sudarsansand) January 12, 2018